Senior Software Engineer
(Greater New York City Area) This role will be based in our New York offices. This position will require several weeks of training in Karlsruhe, Germany. If initial travel is a problem, please advise.
Software Development This position will report directly to the CEO and be responsible for software products and services.
JOB DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are seeking strong developers with experience building enterprise-quality software using open source technology (LAMP stack and so on). You will be responsible for building and maintaining our core data products for our next generation marketing platform and legacy data products. As our Senior Software Engineer, you will develop in PHP and Perl to build upon our successful solutions that run under Linux. You will be required to exhibit suitable depth and expertise within our solution. In this challenging position, you will learn to work autonomously on complex, distributed solutions maintaining both quality and scalability. You will create technical concepts and remain actively involved in the implementation of technical requirements.
Looking for smart, effective, independent and self-motivated sales people who are looking to work hard, make a bunch of money, while delivering a quality customer product.
- You must have at least 5+ years experience in a similar position, ideally in the field of data warehousing or business intelligence.
- Strong knowledge of common software engineering patterns.
- As a PHP, Perl or Linux “guru” you have mastered the Linux, PHP or PERL programming language and at least one other advanced scripting language.
- You can draw on your experience with distributed client/server architectures and highly scalable Web services.
- You are open to new ideas and willing to join in technical discussion on data mining and business intelligence.
- You have a thorough knowledge of databases (MySQL).
- You have a thorough knowledge of open source technology.
- Experience building services and integrating APIs (REST, JSON, XML).
- You are a team player with high creativity and motivation combined with innovative thinking.
- You are highly motivated to work in a startup. We wear multiple hats and you are willing to explore different areas of the business.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related technical field.