Senior Platform Product Manager
(Greater New York City Area) This role will be based in our New York offices. This position will require several weeks of training in Karlsruhe, Germany. If initial travel is a problem, please advise.
Product management. This position will report directly to the CEO and be responsible for managing all new and on-going data product activities.
JOB DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are seeking a senior product manager to utilize our Snowplower platform built over the past (12) years to scale thousands of Websites to produce accurate real-time data for our customers. You will be responsible for monitoring the data products and managing the runtime Web agents responsible for extracting the content, and data workflows. Your product management experience, technical depth, detailed understanding of Web technologies, and development skills in a script- based language will position you for success in the role. Experience with requirements documentation and high-level prototyping are also important. You will work closely with leaders of the development team, sales operations, support, and key partners. What you will be doing:
- Drive the creation of data products sourced from multiple websites and third parties sources.
- Research and test the various sources to confirm viability and estimate level of difficulty.
- Work closely with the development team to setup the Web agents to crawl and extract the required data for the project.
- Manage timeline and expectations with sales team and customer.
- Perform quality and analysis check on the data output for accuracy, de-duplication and matching.
- Collaborate with client or internal product marketing on preferred delivery format.
- Monitor existing products for runtime issues and changes to original data sources.
- Maintain existing running products by working with the development team to update broken URL’s or new third-party sources.
- Great product management experience scaling a large scale Saas or cloud vendor.
- Development skills in a script-based language such as Perl, PHP, PYTHON and JAVA.
- Experience with Web services, REST interfaces, SOAP
- Highly motivated to work in a startup. We wear multiple hats and you will be offered a great opportunity to explore different areas of the business.
- Partner driven. Our partners will find you attentive, organized and on time with deliverables.
- Excellent communication skills. You will be the first line of communication with several of our partners and again back to the development team. You must present the ability to clearly articulate our products, our roadmap and schedules.
- Experience preferred: 3+ years work experience as a product manager with large-scale B2B web-based platform.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related technical field.